Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reflecting

As I was sitting here this morning with my husband I couldn't help but think of all we had been through in the last 9 years. Have a seat if your going to read this post because its a long one!

In 2002 Ron had I had decided to move to Idaho so Justin could start high school here. In June 2003 we packed up and headed to the Pacific Northwest to start new in hopes for a better life for our family. Not that the one we had was so bad :) Just wanted to get away from all the crime and craziness of California. That year we managed to buy a house site unseen, quit very good jobs and come North without knowing what the future held. Now you might say that is crazy and it was but we took a leap of faith and did it trusting God every step of the way!

That first year here was very hard yet nice to have a break from work, how did we survive? we lived on our savings. Ron did odd and end jobs and we just made it work. Justin did very good with the move and made a ton of friends so the change did him well. After much search my husband could not find a decent paying job so we decided he would go to school to earn a degree, In 2004 Ron started back to school in pursuit of a dream, and many jobs later he has his BA and is now working on his masters. Amen!

In 2004 we had been bitten by the baby bug and on Feb 14th 2005 Little Sofia started growing in my tummy :) She was Born Nov 2005 and has been the light of our lives! its was when she was 3 months old I had decided I wanted to be a surrogate and started a journey no one could have imagined! In May 2006 I started the long road of shots and failures but in Nov 2006 I got pregnant with Micah my first surrogate baby, he was born Aug 2008 and in Dec 2008 I started the journey all over again with a wonderful couple from NY. I was not planning on doing A second surrogacy but I had no idea how this journey would change our lives forever. On April 10th 2009 I went to Portland for our transfer and on Dec 6th 2009 I gave birth to two of the cutest little guys ever. This family blesses me everyday just by knowing them they are our family and we look forward to watching those boys grwo into great men! (A side note here: I want to say that without my amazing supportive husband non of this would have been possible, he is my rock. I love him very much!!!!

Now as I sit here Feb 11th 2010 10 weeks post par tum still pumping and shipping for these two precious souls and I wonder whats next???(NOT ANOTHER SURROGACY) lol, I never in my wildest dreams thought I would have given birth to four more children let alone be living in Idaho yet here I sit with so much to be thankful for.. Ron and I are hoping to add to our family this year and to be honest I'm not sure if that is what God has planned for us or not but if it is I cant wait! we leave for NY in 4 weeks and we will be enjoying a much needed break from everything! Ron is looking for a new Job and we aren't sure where that might take us next but after the last 9 years I'm sure it will be good, Lord knows we are up for just about anything.....Please pray that God leads us to right where he wants us.
Blessings .......

5 comments:

twondra said...

That was really neat. I'm glad you shared! Thank you!

You sound so happy and I'm so happy for you!

I ordered that book and should be getting it soon. :) I'm excited!!

Montana's mom said...

I am so glad you are right with God! Everything happens for a reason. Remember I get to see you at least once when you are not pregnant!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing and I am very excited for you!

Terri said...

Stopped by to let you know I was thinking of you today. I hope your well.

You are a truly inspiring women!

Sunny said...

Thank you so much for commenting to me during our cycling in Feb! You ladies that do surrogacy are such a huge blessing and I'm so happy to see that your IPs have treated you well!