Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Are you Kidding me...

I was talking to my neighbor who has a daughter Im not a big fan of ( she is always up to no good!) And I told her When she is at my house I dont let the girls whisper behind each others backs and try to divide each other, her mother thinks they should work out their own problems at 5/6 WTF Really??? your ok with your 6 year old being mean? She says that's life and you cant always be there to protect them..... I'm sorry but isn't it our job to teach our kids to be nice and respectful to each other?? She says its gonna happen in school and it happens in private school and she isn't gonna be hanging out at her kids school that's crazy! Not to mention she thinks home schooled kids are weird??? All the home schooled kids I know aren't weird...I said well I'm gonna be working at the school and if my kid is being bullied I'm gonna step up and say something...She doesn't agree I wish they weren't staying 3 more months I wish they were moving tomorrow..I'm a mom I signed up to be a mom and take it serious. She says her daughter is insecure and cares what people think of her at 6 Are you kidding me??? why is she worried at 6 what people think. She is always dirty and her hair is never brushed and her mom says you look great! Isn't it our job to teach them hygiene and how to care for themselves??? Correct me if I'm wrong but it wont matter because I am going to keep on raising my daughter to be sweet and loving and nice to others! My blood runith over hot right now!!!!

4 comments:

DaniKel said...

No, you can't always be there to protect them, but when you are, by golly you should! And if it is her child that is the one being disrespectful and doing the bullying, she should be stepping in and teaching her daughter that it is not acceptible behavior. Kids learn so much at home. And how to be respectful to other people whether they are kids or adults, is definitely something that is learned at home. And apparently that is something this woman is not teaching her child.

I am more likely to let my kids try and work out differences themselves, but when it comes to being disrespectful, hurtful, or any kind of bullying - whether it is between my kids or my kids and their friends, I will definitely step in. As Mom's, as parents, that is what we are supposed to do.

Hoping that the 3 months go by with them being too busy getting ready for the move to want to schedule too many play dates!!

Tina said...

I totally get letting kids work thigs out at a certain age, 5/6 is a teachable age and its our job. I so appreciate your input Dani

Montana's mom said...

I don't think I could handle her for 3 months either. It's funny you bring this up now as I had an incident with my daughter (who we know is 4) and a 6 year old recently. The 6 year old pulled my daughter and nephew aside and whispered to them something, well that didn't set right with me (I pretty well knew what she wanted) so I called her out on it. I couldn't believe how she tried to manipulate the situation at 6!!

I TOTALLY agree with you and I would step up too!

onemorebaby said...

Ugh. Well, you handled it well...