Thursday, April 7, 2011

30 Days Of Blogging Day # 3


I have three long tern relationships in my life next to my husband, him being the longest. 15 years ago I met a great guy who at the time was a MP in the Marine Corps, We dated, partied, had a lot of fun, I might add we made a really cute couple. About 4 months into dating I became pregnant with my second child. Crap! Shit! WTF am I going to do I was in the process of being hired with the LAPD and got hired but had to turn it down because I was pregnant. I'm not going to go into details about the pregnancy or the relationship but it ended and it wasn't good, I had my daughter 13 1/2 weeks early and she passed away when she was just 3 weeks old. This was a huge turning point for me because I needed her daddy in my life I needed that someone who was a piece of her and if you know me when I set out to get something I get it! end of story I'm a persistent girl and I got the boy back, I think, well I know we I fell in love and I needed him in my life. We dated for another 2 years and while I gave my 100% he never was ready to settle down and raise a child with me :( He went off and became a CHP officer and came to visit now and again but I needed more. I wont lie I think about him often and will love him for the rest of my life, he is married now and has a son and I love that he has the pure joy of being a parent and knowing what joy that brings. My husband was the reason I moved on and fell in love all over again and I love him very much he gave me that second chance at being a mommy and I cherish that. But do we ever really get over our first love? I like to think I did I will just never forget :)

2 comments:

Courtneylee said...

So sorry about that little girl you lost! I cannot imagine going through what you did and I can understand your feeling of wanting to stay connected with the other person, too bad he wasn't able to give you want you needed and wanted so badly, but it looks like it worked out in your favor :)

twondra said...

Oh, wow. I didn't realize you lost a girl. Oh, sweetie, I can't imagine.